Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Last Post 09'

It's the time of the year again for all of us to transit into a new year. I'm sure alot of you guys were out partying. I'm here at home, sitting in front of my laptop blogging away. I refuse to go out because it's going to be crowded anywhere in town a d transportation home later is going to be such bitch. I still remember waiting for 1 and a half hour for my bus to get home. So I'm taking this opportunity to just stay at home to reflect on the past year.

I would say the past year had been a bitersweet year for me. Lots of things happened. But nonetheless, I felt these events were necessary.

This year, I successfully completed my training in Police and got into a vocation I wanted. I have made A few friends these year, some worth keeping and some worth loving and the rest...let's just say we have a huge difference in mindset.

This year I participated in my very first National Day Parade. I would say that it's an experience that I would never trade anything for. And I'm privilege enough to be part of it again next year. But then again, no one gives a shit about the band since it's always about those Guard of Honor.

Seriously, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the SAR21 way lighter that an alto saxophone. Moreover it's not like they needtk worry about pitching, embrochure and memorizing the freaking scores. I'm sure the band is able to do what those meatheads do I the parade and they will never be able to do what we do win just a few weeks of training.

I went through 2009 without a hint of mews from Cupid. That darn little baby totally forgotten about me I guess. But I'm glad at least I have great friends around me. If not without them I would not have even went through half the year.

They say "friends are siblings that we choose to have". And I agree, because sometime I wished I have brothers and sisters like them.

2010 will be the year I'll release off this ghastly vocation call National Service. But I know when I leave my office I will miss the few close friends I have made and the great people that I have met.

And again if not for them, NS would be a total torture. Sometimes I wished they were colleagues from the future office that I will work in. It'll be such a waste that I lose contact with th just because I left NS.

I felt that 09 had been a year whereby I grew so much. All thanks to NS, I have learnt that there are certain secrets are meant to be kept. And also because of NS, I've come to realize how low of a maintenance I can survive on.

It's such a wonder that 16 months ago I earn more than 1k a month and I was able to spend them all without any savings. Now, I'm barely earning half that amount and I was able to survive with my habits, my lifestyle and is still able to save a modest amount. But of course, I have to make some sacrifices and changes in order to adept to that.

In terms of relationship, I've learn from a few mistakes. Or rather from my friends' mistakes. But then again, I haven't been able to truly understand how is it like to love someone and have someone reciprocrate the same feelings back to me.

With 2010 just a few minutes from now, I really do wish that it would be a better year than 2009. I'm still looking for the person that will make my heart jump, for me to miss every night and for me to make sacrifices and changes for.

Happy New Year people... :)


I blogged on the go...