Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yada...yada...yada...

Been quite a long time since I last blogged. But anyway lets get back into point. Erm...I don't think there is any point. LOLS...

Work has been cool so far. Istana performance was totally crap IMO. I played damn badly for it. But that wasn't all. PM Lee started talking from 9pm onwards. He started out in his 'Chinese'. I don't know but he is really a chip off the ol'block. Even the way they speak Mandarin is totally alike. Anyway, for the first 15mins he was speaking in Mandarin and I wasn't listening at all. I was kinda dozing off. So I don't know what was he talking about. There was projector screens around and apparently, it was subtitled!!!

The thick tailcoat, vest and long sleeve shirt is warm and the weather isn't really helping much. Thank God (or whatever you believe in) there was bouts of wind every now and then. Then he proceeded to speak in English. And for the rest of the speech, I was in fact, listening to him. He can be quite a humorous person and bitchy at the same time. His bitchiness is subtle yet potent. Oh I haven't mention, out of the 1 hour (yes, 1 friggin hour he has been talking non-stop) that he blabbled, 45mins was dedicated to problems of OTHER countries around us, with most of it taken up by Malaysia and Indonesia.

The whole thing ended when he finally shut his mouth (sorry, I'm not PM hating but I think he just talks alot), we all packed up and left. Oh did I mention that the bus we took there was an artifact from the muesum, or rather it looks like it. Its an early 90s bus, totally wreaked, I bet they've done countless maintenance work just to keep it alive. It keeps stalling and the engine keeps dying. Best of all, there is absolutely no air condition. So you can imagine the ride in it at mid afternoon, I could bake a cake inside. Moreover, I was wearing my long sleeve, so I was practically sweating like a pig. I'm sure SPF could afford 2 air con-ed buses or at least one, so that police officers will not suffocate or suffer from a heat stroke.

Erm...gotta go sleep now...